Friday, November 24, 2017 7 Day forecast

Out of Work

As every Laborer knows, construction employment is seasonal / goes in cycles.  When your employment terminates for any reason, notify the Local’s office (414) 873-4520.  Your name will then be placed on the out of work list.  You must call during the designated Rollover Period to maintain your position on the out of work list; it is up to you to verify that the hall has your current phone numbers.  You must be an active member in order to be placed on the out of work list.

 Please click here to view the Laborers’ Code of Performance ⇒Code of Performance

Please remember that if you are collecting unemployment benefits you must be on the Out of Work List.  Please call the office if you need more information. 

Call the State of Wisconsin Unemployment Office
This is how to start your claim for Unemployment Insurance benefits

New Claims: 1-800-822-5246
Weekly Claims: 1-800-978-7887
Help Desk: 1-800-494-4944

Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance

Sign up for Skills Training

Every member in good standing has the opportunity to use the time when they are laid off to upgrade and expand their skills at the Wisconsin Laborers’ Training Center in DeForest.

Wisconsin Laborers’ District Council Apprenticeship and Training

Out of Work Referral List Rollover Dates

March 15 – March 30th
June 15th – June 30th
September 15th – September 30th
December 15th – December 30th

* Please Remember
If you do not call during the designated rollover period and speak Luis Guevara you will be removed from the list. (Agents are not able to check you in). No Exceptions will be made.

Skill Sheet